If you are like me you are RUNNING OUT of fun ideas to do with your kids at home. There is only so many times you can make bread and watch Frozen 2 (not according to my son, however.) PLUS I really missed doing our weekend round-ups and realized that there is plenty to do at home with all the virtual events & classes going on– so we are going to be bringing you a new kind of weekend roundup!
ALSO- the Sayville Farmers Market reopens this weekend! 9-2 at Islip Grange!
Here are some ideas for you this weekend!
Virtual Events and Classes:
Friday, May 15th
3:30PM The PatMed Library will do a Facebook Live storytime from their Facebook Page
7:00PM the Sayville Library will be doing an evening storytime with a Children’s Librarian!
Saturday May 16th
4:00 PM Drag Queen Story Hour Live via Drag Queen Story Hour NYC Instagram
Sunday May 17th
11:00AM Live Stream of Rock & Roll Playhouse via their Facebook page
Recipes to try:
We made this vegan berry cobbler and it was super easy and super YUM!
Can’t get your hands on some yeast but want to jump on the breadmaking bandwagon? USA Today has your back
The Sayville Farmers Market will be open Saturday May 16th from 9-2 at Islip Grange with the following guidelines in place:
– Vendors will now be spread farther apart
– We are allowing only ONE customer at a time in each booth. Please practice social distancing while waiting in line to shop with a vendor
– Vendors are strongly encouraged to keep their stock behind their booths, as opposed to on the table
– Please, please wear a mask when you come to shop at the market. Our vendors will be doing the same
– We realize that our market is a gathering place for our community. Please please please practice social distancing while at the market
– Some vendors may not accept cash: please bring a credit card with you
If you have any questions, feel free to email the market manager, Terry, at [email protected]
Have a good weekend!