Looking for a way for your family to load up on all the good stuff—vitamins, fiber, protein, and antioxidants? Why not to blend them into a smoothie?
The Local Moms Network contributor, Kathleen Ashmore is sharing her Blueberry Superfood Smoothie recipe. And, she has the unexpected addition… cauliflower rice! “Cauliflower rice is high in vitamins, especially fiber, which is great for digestion. It is tasteless and bulks up the volume of the smoothie while adding nutrients and low in calories,” says Kathleen.
- 10 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup avocado
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg optional
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- Serve with extra berries and chia seeds.
Follow Kathleen on Instagram at @kat_can_cook for more delicious and nutritious recipes.