Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone has announced the County’s Community Movie Night Series, an open-air experience under the stars and on the lawn at Suffolk County parks. The free series, which launches this Friday, August 27, includes six family-friendly movies that will premiere at various County Parks on Friday and Saturday nights.
“What better way to spend time with family and friends than enjoying a movie under the stars at one of our County parks,” said Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone. “The County’s Community Movie Night Series kicks off this Friday and will showcase iconic films that residents of all ages will enjoy.”
- Elf – Friday, September 3 at Gardiner County Park
- Matilda — Friday, September 17 at Lake Ronkonkoma County Park
- Back to the Future – Saturday, September 18 at The Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium
- The Wizard of Oz – Friday, September 24 at Gardiner County Park
- The Addams Family – Saturday, September 25 at Lake Ronkonkoma County Park
The Community Movie Night Series follows the County’s Summer Drive-in Movie Series at Smith Point County Park. Entrance begins at 6:00 PM, and movies will start at sunset. Guest are encouraged to bring their own chairs, blankets, beverages, and snacks.
Suffolk County has partnered with the Reclaim Our Water initiative, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, the Long Island Nitrogen Action Plan, Plaza Cinema and Media Arts Center, and the Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium for the free community movie series.
For more information and to secure tickets, residents can visit SuffolkCountyny.gov/MovieNight
. Admission is free, and seating is available on a first-come basis