Fall is rapidly approaching, and so are some of our favorite fall activities-including apple picking! We’ve rounded-up all of the locations that offer a “u-pick” option so that you can get the full experience. Most places have plenty of activities for a full day of fun! As always, please check with each location prior to heading out, as dates and crop availability are subject to change.
- Harbe’s Family Farm: Apple picking at Harbes Family Farm has begun! Entry to the farm requires Orchard Admission, which ranges in price from $19-$31 per person (children 2 and under free) depending on the date and package of choice. The basic package includes apple picking with a 3 lb bag, access to wagon rides, and live music in the courtyard on weekends and holidays. Address: 5698 Sound Ave., Riverhead
- Hank’s Pumpkintown: Hank’s Pumpkintown is now open for apple picking Saturdays and Sundays. 9:30-5:30. It is $30 dollars to pick 1 peck bag (approx. 10 lbs) with a max of 4 people per bag, children 3 and under free of charge. Admission on the weekends is $20 (2 and under free) and you can stay all day to enjoy wagon rides, apple and pumpkin picking, a giant jumping pad, corn maze, fall festival foods and more! Address: 240 Montauk Hwy, Water Mill.
- Lewin Farms: Lewin Farms is typically open from 9 AM-4:30 daily, but they recommend you call (631) 929-4327 for daily u-pick schedule, as weather and yearly crop conditions affect availability. There is also a farm stand and corn maze! Cash only (ATM on site). Address: 812 Sound Ave, Calverton
- Woodside Orchard (Aquebogue & Jamesport): Picking at Aquebogue and the Jamesport locations is on-hold until the apples are ripe. They expect about mid-September, so check their website for updates! Until then, the Aquebogue location is open from 11:30-5:30 Thursday-Sunday for hard cider and cider doughnuts. Pets are welcome in the picnic area, too! Address: 729 Route 25, Aquebogue.
- Milk-Pail: U-pick apples and pumpkins has officially begun. Milk Pail will be open Fridays-Sunday 10 AM-5:30 PM. Pricing for a 5 lb bag for one person is $14 cash, $29 cash for up to 4 people admitted with a 10 lb. bag, and $50 dollars cash for up to 6 people with a 20 lb. bag. Address: 50 Horsemill Lane, Watermill.
- Wickham’s Fruit Farm: Wickham’s Fruit Farm is open daily Monday-Saturday from 10-3, but they suggest you call before you visit to check availability at (631) 734-644. Apple cider doughnuts are made fresh daily on the premises. Address: 28700 Route 25, Cutchogue.
- Windy Acres: This fifth generation farm specializes in u-pick. They are open weekends from 10 AM-4:30 PM, but be sure to check their Facebook page for all updates.
- Seven Ponds Orchard: Open every day 9-6 for apple picking. This orchard also includes a toy land, cornmazwe, hayrides, and cow train rides. Check their Facebook page for daily updates.
Did we forget anything? Any tips for the best experience? Don’t forget to tag @sayvillepatchoguemoms or use the hashtag #sayvillepatchoguemoms so we can see and share!