We can’t believe it ourselves, but fall is almost here! With it comes the opportunity to enjoy all of the fun family friendly activities fall has to offer, including apple picking. We’ve rounded-up all of the locations that offer a “u-pick” option so that you can get the full experience. Most places have plenty of activities for a full day of fun! As always, please check with each location prior to heading out, as dates and crop availability are subject to change.
- Harbe’s Family Farm: Apple picking at Harbes Family Farm begins September 4th. Entry to the farm requires Orchard Admission, which ranges in price from $17-$28 per person (children 2 and under free) depending on the date and package of choice. The basic package includes apple picking with a 3 lb bag, access to wagon rides, and live music in the courtyard on weekends and holidays. Address: 5698 Sound Ave., Riverhead
- Harbes Orchard’s Annual Apple Harvest: Open from Saturday, September 11th-Sunday, September 12th from 9 AM-6 PM, Harbes Orchard’s Annual Apple Harvest features apple picking, a “u-pick” pumpkin patch, wine, pony rides, corn maze, and live music in the picnic area from 12-5. Address: 5698 Sound Avenue, Riverhead.
- Hank’s Pumpkintown: Hank’s Pumpkintown is open for apple picking Saturdays, Sundays and school holidays starting September 11th from 9:30-5:30. Weekend and holiday admission is $18 per person (2 and under free) and you can stay all day to enjoy wagon rides, apple and pumpkin picking, a giant jumping pad, corn maze, fall festival foods and more! Address: 240 Montauk Hwy, Water Mill.
- Lewin Farms: Lewin Farms is typically open from 9 AM-4:30 daily, but they recommend you call (631) 929-4327 for daily u-pick schedule, as weather and yearly crop conditions affect availability. There is also a farm stand and corn maze! Cash only (ATM on site). Address: 812 Sound Ave, Calverton
- Woodside Orchard (Aquebogue): Picking at Aquebogue and the Jamesport locations is on-hold until the apples are ripe. They expect about mid-September, so check their website for updates! Until then, the Aquebogue location is open from 11:30-5:30 everyday but Wednesday for hard cider and cider doughnuts. Pets are welcome in the picnic area, too! Address: 729 Route 25, Aquebogue.
- Milk-Pail: U-pick apples and pumpkins officially begins Saturday September 4th from 10 AM-5:30 PM. Milk Pail will be open Fridays-Sunday. Pricing for a 5 lb bag for one person is $14 cash, $28 cash for up to 4 people admitted with a 10 lb. bag, and $49 dollars cash for up to 6 people with a 20 lb. bag. Address: 50 Horsemill Lane, Watermill.
- Wickham’s Fruit Farm: Wickham’s Fruit Farm is open daily Monday-Saturday from 10-3, but they suggest you call before you visit to check availability at (631) 734-644. Address: 28700 Route 25, Cutchogue.
- Windy Acres: This fifth generation farm specializes in u-pick. They are open weekends from 10 AM-4:30 PM, but be sure to check their Facebook page for all updates.
Did we forget anything? Any tips for the best experience? Don’t forget to tag @sayvillepatchoguemoms or use the hashtag #sayvillepatchoguemoms so we can see and share!